Reports to: Director of Training
Position: Full Time
Location: MUST BE ABLE TO REPORT TO FACILITIES IN MADISON VIRGINIA.
Primary Functions, Responsibilities and Duties:
- To provide basic kennel services on site at the facility in Virginia. To include but not limited to:
- daily clean-out of pens,
- food and watering of all dogs
- exercising dogs
- keep health logs and doing daily health checks on the dogs as directed by the Director of Training or Head Trainers
- Administration of medications to dogs as needed and as directed by the Director of Training
- Grooming of dogs
- Performing General Physical Activities that require considerable use of arms, legs and body movement such as climbing, lifting, walking, stooping, handling of service dog simultaneous with work materials.
- Getting Information by observing, receiving and obtaining information from relevant sources such as SDWR staff, collaborators and partners.
- Identifying Objects, Actions and Event by categorizing, estimating and recognizing differences or similarities, detecting and appropriately reacting to changes in circumstances and or events.
- Devising a Schedule Wherebyyou can maintain the overall duties associated with kennel upkeep and dogs’ health.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships by developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with staff, partners and collaborators, and maintaining good relationships over time.
- Learning Strategies – selecting and using training methods and procedures appropriately
- Speaking – talking with others effectively to convey information and thoughts
- Monitoring – monitoring and assessing performance of yourself, the service dog in training
- Judgment and decision making—consider costs and or time in relationship to the benefits of a potential action.
This is a physically demanding position that requires kennel staff to walk and control dogs of various sizes and breeds. Physical ability to maintain dog kennels in a consistently clean and safe way is imperative. Ability to recognize the symptoms of an unwell dog, under the guidance and direction of supervisors, is also imperative. Ability to work in outside environment—cold and heat is required. A minimum two years experience working with or training dogs is a plus.
Candidate must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Qualified candidate must enjoy working with dogs and be passionate about improving the quality of life for the disabled.
No phone calls will be accepted.
A pop up will appear if the application is submitted successfully, you will also receive an email. If no confirmation appears make sure all required fields are completed correctly.