Marketing Director and Designer
Position: Marketing Director
Location: Madison, Virginia (Must work in the office, no remote work)
Hours: Monday-Friday full time and occasional weekend work
Reports to: President
Job based out of Virginia ONLY. MUST BE ABLE TO REPORT TO OFFICE IN MADISON VIRGINIA.
SDWR, a National Service Dog Organization, is rapidly expanding and looking for new talent to join our team to aid our mission of serving the disabled. If you are interested in learning more make sure to visit our website at http://www.sdwr.org/
Service Dogs by Warren Retrievers is the nation’s leading provider of Service Dogs to the Invisible Disabilities community. invisible disabilities are defined as Diabetes, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Seizure Disorder and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Service Dogs by Warren Retrievers, “SDWR,” has over 500 service dogs working across the United States and around the globe. Currently, the Organization is working with approximately 1,000 families either with a service dog from the Organization or in the process of receiving a service dog from the Organization.
The marketing director of SDWR will perform any daily tasks relating to the online presence and print advertising of SDWR. Daily activities include social media daily and advertising management, website & domain management and development, press releases, digital and print design, PPC advertising, and SEO maintenance and research. The marketing director will manage application software, design of donation software pages, and the creation of collateral material for disseminating information about the organization online. In conjunction with the other staff, the marketing director collects testimonials, videos, and photos to be used for marketing purposes. The idea marketing director has experience in both strategy and implementation of inbound marketing. The marketing director will report directly to the president of SDWR.
The Ideal Candidate has a broad range of marketing expertise. This is a jack of all trades type position. We need someone who is inspired by our cause, able to switch between multiple tasks easily, work quickly and efficiently, and prepared to learn new platforms when necessary.
Daily Tasks Include:
- WordPress website updates, changes, and design
- PPC management
- Google Grants
- Google Analytics
- Social media advertising on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
- Social media management and posting of videos, photos, and events in conjunction with other staff
- Email marketing design and list management
- Print and digital design tasks including brochures, banners, proposals, and ads
- Blogging and SEO maintenance on the SDWR websites
- Management of HTML forms and submissions
- Collection of data for analytics platforms to create meaningful strategy
- Writing and publishing of press releases
- Other duties as required but not limited by the President or Executive Assistant to the President & Client Services
Must Fit Following Criteria:
- Must be a self-starter
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to create and follow marketing strategies
- Non-profit experience is a plus
- Competent in Adobe suite products- Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Experience with WordPress and basic HTML
- Experience in marketing with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, Youtube, Linkedin and Pinterest
- Understanding of how to run advertising campaigns on social media platforms
- Competent in Google Analytics tools
- Some familiarity with Google Adwords & PPC
- Experience working with email marketing software
- Experience working with donation software & DonorDrive is a plus
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Understanding of Press Release writing format
- A fundamental understanding of branding and design skills
- Experience with online design platforms like Canva.Com is a plus
- Must be familiar with Campaign Monitor
- Must be knowledgeable of use with Formstack software or generator software equivalent
Applicants should fill out below application.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. To learn more about our Organization please visit www.sdwr.org.