Event Coordinator Job Description
Job based out of Virginia ONLY.
The primary responsibility of the Event coordinator is to assist the President and Directors with event planning and logistics management for the mission of Service Dogs by Warren Retrievers and its programs. This position requires event logistics experience and provides an opportunity for personal growth and development in event fundraising. This position requires interaction with outside organizations representing SDWR at events with groups such as AutismSpeaks, American Diabetes Association, National Epilepsy Foundation, Wounded Warriors, etc. This position also requires the planning, management and coordination of a minimum of three fundraising events for the Organization annually.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the President and Director of Development to design, budget, manage and execute fundraisers to achieve maximum goals in fundraising, brand awareness, advocacy.
- With President and Director of Training schedule and execute all needs to attend
- Walk-athons – sponsored by organizations such as American Diabetes Association, JDRF, AutismSpeaks, Wounded Warriors, etc.
- Community fairs or other public awareness/outreach type events.
- Fundraisers as planned by the Organization or by outside organizations where funding raiser goes to support Organization.
- Other fundraising and special events as needed.
- Management of logistics planning, coordination and reporting on annual fundraisers both regionally for the Organization as well as fundraising events planned by the Organization’s Chapter Managers who are located in states across the country.
- Work with President and Director of Training to ensure that all event guidelines and requirements are met.
- Coordinate volunteers to assist in representing SDWR at events as needed.
- Coordinate all administrative needs for each event, including calendars, budget reporting, tracking of expenditures or income.
- Make recommendations to President and Director of Development to achieve significant growth and efficiency in Organization’s annual fundraising events.
- Assist the President on an ongoing basis for general development, event management responsibilities and strategic planning as needed.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to maintain a friendly, helpful tone on the phone and in emails
- Eagerness to learn more about non-profit development and supporting Invisible Disabilities/Service Dog awareness, education and advocacy initiatives.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, manage time and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently
- Good problem-solving skills
- Experience in fundraising a plus
- Ability to prepare and manage budgets and report on projected income and expenses of projects and fundraising initiatives
- Experience and knowledge in MAC, Excel and Gmail.
- Ability to travel, work after normal business hours and on some weekends as necessary.
Compensation is an annual salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Travel expenses are covered by the Organization. Some commission on successful achievement of fundraising projects and goals is available.
Please fill out this preliminary application, resumes can be uploaded at the bottom of the application.
No phone calls will be accepted.